Trinity Methodist Church was organized in May 1877. Meetings were held in a carpenter shop on East Holt Ave. and in the railroad station. Major J. E. McComas donated land at Third and Gordon where a small church was built. For four years this was the only church building in Pomona. In 1882 a larger building was dedicated free of debt. .In 1888, a larger church was built at Fifth and Park and joined to the second one, making it the largest assembly hall in the valley. In 1907 the congregation was divided and the 247 members living on the north side built their own church at Pearl and Gibbs in 1908, taking the name Trinity M.E. Church. The Gothic Revival style educational building designed by Los Angeles architects Reginald F. Inwood and C.F. Schilling, was added in 1932. In 1935 the two congregations re-united taking the name Trinity M. E. Church and sold the church on Third and Gordon. In 1953 the new sanctuary, designed by Architect B.H. Anderson to be compatible in style with the older Education Building, was constructed and is of the 16th Century English Tudor Gothic style. The builder was Robert R. Jones of Los Angeles. Judson Company designed the stained glass windows. The first service in the new sanctuary was held May 2, 1954. The sanctuary is of 16th Century English Tudor Gothic. The building is constructed of brick with a wood frame. It is approximately one hundred feet by one hundred forty feet with two stories and a basement. Tiles fountain covered in tiles in difference shades of green.