The present Mexican Congregational Church was organized in 1920 and the building was erected in 1928. Pilgrim Congregational Church had been instrumental in organizing the Mexican work in Pomona in 1905 and in establishing the Mexican Congregational Church. Mexican converts were received into membership in Pilgrim Congregational Church between 1905 and 1912. In 1912 Pilgrims had 30 Mexican converts among its members.Painted tiles are embedded on two columns framing the sides of the churchs main doors. Each side has three columns that all make up a rectangular design. Very bright contrasting colors of orange and blue, green and yellow make up a very intricate and symmetrical design.
Each tile is approx. half of a foot X half of a foot. Each group of tile is 3 tiles X 10 tiles.