St. Pauls Episcopal Church was formally organized on Dec. 25, 1876 and is the second oldest religious organization in the community. The first small church was built on a lot at Fourth and Thomas Streets in 1870 and was to serve the congregation for 35 years. In 1885 a new building was constructed. In 1930 the old site of St. Pauls and two adjacent lots were taken to build the Federal Building on. The church and parish house on the site of Alvarado and Gibbs was built with the funds generated by the sale of the property and generous donations. The building was clear of all indebtedness in 1946.